- Meet one-on-one with the therapist.
- Develop a relationship of trust and confidentially.
- Focus on yourself and your internal experience.
- Attend to all the dimensions of your life.
- Gain insight and a greater measure of control in coping with current life issues. Sometimes this involves exploring your early life experiences and family relationships.
- Decide the length and frequency of sessions with your therapist depending on your needs and goals. Deeper and more effective work occurs with weekly sessions.
For more information about individual therapy, see What to Expect…